Breaking News
recent

main difference between w/colour and acrylic paint is the transparency and luminosity of w/colour-Painting Art

Very clever Peter, but please don't be offended when I say I didn't like this very much. I'll explain why... the main difference between w/colour and acrylic paint is the transparency and luminosity of w/colour; it's subtlety and reliance on transparent layering that just can't be achieved with other media. Sorry I really don't understand why you would choose to give that up for a piece that, on video at least, looks like acrylic. Just as w/c can never achieve the vibrancy and texture and richness of acrylic and oils... so they in turn can never achieve the soft ethereal 'whispy' glow of w/c. I think this would have looked so much better in acrylic. Having said all that, I love that you are experimenting, pushing your boundaries and creating something different. As always, thank you for sharing your work. :)
Thank you Christiane for your comment and input. I know exactly what you mean. This painting was not exactly watercolor type. I will create another painting with watercolor wash effect later one to compensate ;)
 
No! no! no!!! I never intended my comment as a criticism of your choices... I was simply exploring MY feelings about why I had a negative reaction... in fact still trying to understand that... I've always thought of myself as a rule breaker and someone who thinks outside the box, so my mental insistence on separating the qualities of the two media is what was confusing! I meant what I said...I love your creativity and will look forward to anything you paint, as long as you don't think you must do something 'to compensate' as if you are apologising. It's me that needs to apologise, forgive the midnight ramblings of a tired but curious mind... insomnia is a nightmare LOL! Best wishes :)


from Abstract Paintings by Peter Dranitsin https://ift.tt/2IXbZsJ Art
alesha

alesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.