Breaking News
recent

I heard that you should never use water with acrylics on canvas. Because the colors let go of the canvas after a while. But I see a lot of artists use water. What is correct?-Painting Art

Maria Hegdal

I have a question. I heard that you should never use water with acrylics on canvas. Because the colors let go of the canvas after a while. But I see a lot of artists use water.
What is correct?

Reply:

I have to note that the biggest thing you need to keep in mind is what type and quality of paint you are using. More expensive acrylic paint such as Golden Acrylics contain a lot more concentration of color pigments which in turn will allow you to be more flexible with adding water without compromising the color saturation.

from Abstract Art Modern Painting Techniques by Peter Dranitsin http://ift.tt/2xTs3dN Art
alesha

alesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.